Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Necessity is the mother of Invention!!

I never I can travel alone for long distances until I had to travel for the first time when I was very much younger.

I never knew I can do many things that a guy would do, until I had to do them as my brother was staying away from home.

I never knew I can roam around alone on roads at 3 AM in the morning until there was an obligation to pass on emergency information.

I never knew I can say that it’s right though it is wrong, until I had to, otherwise I would be fired out from my job.:-)

I never knew I can be strong enough to take care of the troubles, until I had to alone take care of my mom when she was seriously ill.

I never knew I can forgive someone who hurt me until I had to do so because that person’s presence is necessity in my life.

I never knew I can fake my smile until I had to travel with a fellow passenger who was talking non-stop non sense :-(

I never knew I can fight for a friend until I had to fight with my mom because I need my friend.

I never knew I can enjoy myself even I am alone, until I had to roam around in NY as I could not have a company.

I never knew I can alone face my grief until I had to do so because I cannot share it with anybody.

I never knew I can show my frustration on some one until I had to do so because being relieved from it was my necessity.

I never knew I can control my anger until I had to do so as I cannot afford to buy a new laptop if I break it :-)

I never knew I can control my desires, until I had to do so, because my self-respect is more necessary.

I never knew I can go for an extra mile, until I had to do so, because my friend‘s need is my need.


I never knew I can smile even I was in deep upset mood until I saw a handsome guy on whom I had a crush :-)

“Nothing has more strength than necessity. It knows no law except to conquer”

4 comments:

  1. Well written.. Applies to most of our lives..

    On the lighter side, i would like to add some more for you.

    1. You never knew that you could dance like crazy to a Prabhu deva's number , until u did, in our farewell function.

    2. You never knew that you could run fast and catch a running bus, until you came face to face with our college principal.

    3. You never knew that you could clear all the papers of an year at one shot,even while you didnt attend the classes the whole year and still managed to do well.

    4. And not the least, You never knew that you could be friendly with a person who has absolutely nothing in common with you, UNTIL YOU MET ME!!! ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. The subject you have choosen is very good and the examples you used are very good and which will make a person think. We are such social animals that neccessity makes us learn new things as we move ahead in our lives which we never thought of.

    I thought you can increase the intensity in some of the examples you provided above by adding more context to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats Funny, Madhavi :-)
    Yeah,in that way all my days in the college taught me many things....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks srikanth!!
    I could have written more, but it would be too lengthy and the interest to read might be lost.

    Some times we dont even know when it is happening, but when we turn back and see after sometime, we can realize how much life taught us.

    ReplyDelete